1973 Split Screen Kombi - | Sold
Ernie is an original 1973 Burnt Orange VW Kombi 9 Seater, LHD 15 window microbus, Queensland registered and roadworthy, you could be his third owner since 1973.
He is an Australian compliant 9 seater microbus with Qld roadworthy and QLD Modification blue plate and 6 months rego and he is ready to drive away.
He is is a good looking lad with all his original features great paint work as he was resprayed a few years ago,
He drives like a new bus, with great steering , strong brakes a strong reconditioned 1600 engine and strong quiet gearbox.
Ernie has been lovingly looked after and has great newly upholstery throughout in black, with new floor mats in the front cab area and the middle cargo area.
Ernie has all his original panels with near to no rust to be found on him and is an extremely solid bus.
Not bad for a 43 year old iconic bus.
Our reputable VW specialist in Brisbane has undertaken all work required to get him into the best possible condition with no expense spared, and receipts provided.
• He is virtually rust a free Kombi with rust preventative treatment throughout the chassis. and inner panels.
• 12-volt electrical system with new battery .
• A very strong reconditioned and smoke free 1600 cc engine with new exhaust.
• Quiet gearbox and reduction boxes which are all running strong and smoothly
• Full check over inspection and full service completed
• King pin steering has been overhauled.
• Fuel flush, new fuel lines and fuel filter
• Brake system overhaul and serviced
• Great tyres
• 6 months QLD rego
• Beautiful upholstery throughout with newly upholstered seats and door cards.
• New headlights
• Queensland Roadworthy and QLD Blue modification plate.
• New Australian compliant seat belts throughout.
You can have the best of both worlds with Ernie, He is the perfect weekend getaway fitted as an 9 seater microbus or you can just easily remove the centre seat with 4 wing nuts throw your luggage and esky in and off you go to your favourite campsite and you can still transport 6 people.
He’s ready to drive away on the Australian roads with no complications and all paperwork provided to his lucky new owner who will have a great investment for life.
NOTE : In Australia you do not need a special licence to drive a LHD vehicle. If you're nervous, then come and see us and we'll give you a free driving lesson. Our clients tell us it doesn't take them more than half an hour.
We can assist with transport for NZ and interstate buyers at buyers cost.